As Heavy Lift Crane Operator you operate the largest cranes of world. You are charged with the mechanical operation of the crane, following instructions from a experienced person on deck and monitoring the instruments in the operator's cabin. Next to this you check and report regularly the mechanical functioning of the crane and machinery. Your other tasks are:
- To assist with reeving activities;
- To understand and strictly observe the emergency stop signs, radio and hand signals;
- To daily check for and report any defect or malfunction of the crane and its equipment;
- To monitor before lifting that lifts are properly hooked on and conditions are safe (e.g. no potential dropped objects);
- To assist in crane maintenance as instructed by the Heavy Lift Assistant
- To verify proper functioning of machinery and equipment and rectify if necessary;
- To validate proper choice of rigging and monitor position of hook related to the objects to be hoisted and rectify if necessary;
- To attend the toolbox meeting at start of shift
- To ensure a proper shift and job handover.
12hoist4u is specialized in staffing the market niche for hoisting & lifting, heavy lift and specialized transport with competent and experienced personnel. Our 12hoist4u professionals are well trained and motivated to securely and efficiently support our clients for short or longer periods of time. 12hoist4u's ambition is to bring professionals and clients together all over the World. Our aim is to become one of the leaders in the niche market to which we are fully dedicated: hoisting, lifting, heavy lift and specialized transport.